Practical Mindfulness for Stress: Taming “March Madness”
Feeling the full-court press and stress that springtime can bring? Join Dr. Liz Chamberlain for this interactive 45-minute Wellbeing 360 workshop to learn research-based strategies to tame the “March Madness” before a stress tipoff (or a bracket bust)!
In this engaging workshop, you’ll learn:
- Why and how stress affects us;
- Ways to catch stress before it catches you;
- Practical mindfulness strategies to use every day to exercise your “mindfulness muscle” and increase resilience to stress; and
- Insight-oriented meditations to help manage stress.
Healthy refreshments will be provided.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Engaging speaker and clinical psychologist, Dr. Liz Chamberlain received her PhD in Counseling Psychology from the University of North Texas. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Stress, Depression, and Anxiety
- Navigating Changes and Life Transitions
- Gottman Couples Therapy – Improving Connection in Relationships
- Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Healthy Relationships with Food and Eating
- Enhancing Mind-Body Connection
She grew up in Colorado, and after living in other places for about 20 years, she’s thrilled to be back and practicing at the CU Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. She personally loves yoga, hiking, skiing and snowshowing.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
The Anschutz Medical Campus is located near public transportation. There are RTD bus lines that drop off on campus, a Flatiron Flyer stop right outside the Center, and the RTD train stops at Colfax (1.5mi from the Center) and at Fitzsimons (1mi from the Center). There is a free shuttle from the Fitzsimons RTD station to the Center that operates throughout the day. If driving, there is paid parking $2/hr on the south and east sides of the Center.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact Kevin McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s the refund policy?
No refunds will be issued after purchase.