Give these Vegan Black Bean Burgers topped with Tahini Sauce a try for your next meatless Monday meal. Serve them on buns or go low card and enjoy them in lettuce wraps!
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
1 t olive oil
1/2 red onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large carrot, shredded
1 (15 oz.) can black beans
¼ cup oat flour, gluten-free if desired
1 t cumin
½ t garlic powder
1 t chili powder
¼ t paprika
½ t salt
¼ t black pepper
For the Tahini Sauce
2 Tbsp. Tahini
2 cloves garlic, minced fine
½ Tbsp. lemon juice
2-3 Tbsp. water
Whisk all ingredients together
For serving (optional and not included in nutrition)
4 sprouted/whole grain or gluten-free buns (you can also use Lettuce to lower the carbs)
1 avocado, sliced, slices of red onion, tomato slices
1. Mix flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and place in the fridge for 5 minutes.
2. Place a large pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in onion, garlic, and carrot; saute for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent and carrots begin to soften a bit. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the spices.
3. Using a food processor, blend black beans until well blended and just a few bean chunks remain. Transfer to the bowl with the veggies and then stir in the flax egg and the oat flour. Taste, adjust seasonings and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Divide mixture into 4 patties. Put on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and chill for 10-15 minutes.
5. Place a large skillet over medium heat and generously spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add the patties and cook 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and heated through.
6. Place on buns or lettuce with tomato, avocado, red onion. Drizzle with Tahini Sauce.
Nutrition per serving