2 cups dry quinoa
1 T garlic powder
4 cups chicken broth
14oz sliced cimini mushrooms
1/2 large, red onion chopped
1 T coconut or extra virgin olive oil
3 large chicken breasts
1 cup chopped, fresh, Italian (flat leaf) parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bake chicken at 350 for 40 minutes or until they reach at least 165F (for extra flavor, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper).
2. While baking, cook quinoa with the garlic powder in chicken broth to package directions.
3. While cooking quinoa, saute the mushrooms and onion in the oil over low to medium heat. Keep the heat low so that the mushroom liquid will seep out, so you won’t have to add more oil.
4. When chicken is done, cut it into chunks and stir into the quinoa along with the parsley.
5. Let cool a bit, then serve.