Spinach and Butternut Squash Frittata Ingredients
1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce, low sodium
2 leeks finely sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
12 oz. baby spinach, washed
1/8 tsp Black pepper
14 oz. plain Greek yogurt
2 oz. grated parmesan cheese
Spray Canola oil
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a small baking dish and set aside.
2. Place squash in a bowl and toss with 1 T olive oil and soy sauce. Place into roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, yogurt, and cheese. Set aside.
4. Heat remaining oil in the pan and add the leek; sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
5. Add garlic and spinach and heat until wilted. Season with pepper; place onto cutting board and chop roughly.
6. Put all ingredients together and pour into greased baking dish.
7. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until it is set.
Nutrition per serving
Interested in learning to cook recipes like this? Our Culinary Medicine Program holds regular cooking classes. Find out more information and sign up for our cooking classes HERE.