Spiced Coconut Carrot Soup Ingredients
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ lbs carrots, peeled, chopped (about 4 cups)
1 carrot peeled, thinly sliced, or shredded
½ tsp. salt
1 large shallot, chopped
1 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled, finely grated
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp. curry powder
1 Tbsp. coriander powder
1 15 oz. can unsweetened low-fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Additional toppings: crushed red pepper flakes, fresno chilies, jalapenos, toasted sesame seeds, scallions, or cilantro leaves
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a small pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add chopped carrots, season with salt, and cook, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned around the edges (about 5-6 minutes).
3. Add shallot, ginger, curry powder, and coriander. Cook, stirring often until shallot and garlic are softened (about 4-5 minutes).
4. Add coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender, 20-25 minutes.
5. Puree with an immersion blender, or, in small batches, carefully place food in a blender. Blend until smooth.
(Pop out the blender cap a little so that steam can escape)
6. Serve with your choice of additional toppings.
Nutrition per serving