This week, the Culinary Medicine team presents a recipe for a delicious Shirazi Salad!
Shirazi Salad Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, small dice
- 1 English cucumber, small dice
- ¼ – ½ cup finely chopped onion, red or yellow
- 15 oz. can white beans*, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dried mint
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 2 large limes, approximately 4 Tbsp.
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, beans and onions in a bowl and add all the herbs.
- Shake the lime juice, olive oil and salt and pepper together to make the dressing.
- Add dressing to the vegetables and toss to coat. Serve.
*Cannellini or great northern beans will work
Adapted from The Mediterranean Dish.
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research.
Looking for more recipes online? Visit the recipe section of our blog for all the latest!Register for Culinary Medicine Classes