This Sesame Tofu with Broccoli recipe is a great alternative when you’re looking for a healthy, meatless option for dinner.
1- 8 oz. package extra firm tofu, water drained and cut in bite-size chunks (approx. 1 inch)
2 T reduced sodium Tamari soy sauce
1 ½ t toasted sesame oil
1 T sesame seeds
1 T peanut oil
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 t garlic minced OR 2 t garlic infused oil
1 t finely grated fresh ginger
1 T chopped pine nuts
1. Mix tofu chunks with soy sauce and sesame oil. Let marinate from 10 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Drain tofu from marinade and put on a plate. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds.
3. In a medium skillet, add peanut oil and heat over medium heat.
4. Add tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes until browned.
5. Flip the tofu pieces over and then add broccoli.
6. Then add the garlic (or garlic-infused oil) and ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes then stir gently.
7. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until light brown and broccoli is fork tender.
8. Add the pine nuts for the last minute of cooking.
Nutrition per serving:
Interested in learning to cook recipes like this? Our Culinary Medicine Program holds regular cooking classes. Find out more information and sign up for our cooking classes HERE.