1 lb. fresh salmon fillets
½ cup dry white wine (can use stock for substitute)
2 large eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
⅜ tsp. Kosher salt, divided
⅜ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 6 oz. container low-fat Greek yogurt
¼ tsp. garlic, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
6 lemon wedges
Method of Preparation
1. Combine 2 cups water and white wine (or substitute) in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, add salmon skin side down and reduce to simmer. Cook salmon in liquid until done, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then gently remove skin from cooked salmon.
2. In a medium bowl, combine salmon with breadcrumbs, eggs, chives, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cover bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
3. Using a 1/2-cup measuring cup, shape salmon mixture into six patties. Place patties on small sheet tray covered with parchment paper. Chill for an additional 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, dill, remaining salt, and remaining pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Heat a large non-stick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl pan to coat. Add salmon patties to skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove patties from skillet, let cool slightly. Serve with Greek yogurt sauce and a lemon wedge.
Nutrition per serving
Adapted from www.cookinglight.com