Roasted Cauliflower and Tahini Dip Ingredients
1 cauliflower head, broken into florets
1 Tbsp. coriander seeds, plus extra for garnish (optional)
1 Tbsp. cumin seeds, plus extra for garnish (optional)
Salt to taste
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp. tahini
1 lemon, juiced
1 garlic bulb, peeled
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Spread the cauliflower florets out on a baking tray and sprinkle with the coriander and cumin seeds and some salt. Add 1.5 Tbsp. of the olive oil and mix well. Roast for 45 minutes.
**Alternatively, you can use prepackaged cauliflower rice and sauté with 1.5 Tbsp. of olive oil in a pan.
3. Once the cauliflower is done roasting, add the cauliflower to the blender (reserve a few florets for garnish, if you’d like) along with the tahini, lemon juice, remaining 1.5 Tbsp. olive oil, and a splash of cold water. (Do not place the toasted cumin and coriander seeds in the blender.)
4. Blend, then add salt to taste. Put garlic cloves into the blender. Blend again and taste. You may want to add some more lemon juice or tahini. You may also want to add more cold water for a looser texture.
5. Serve drizzled with olive oil and toasted cumin and coriander seeds.
This recipe is curated by our culinary medicine team and adapted from greatbritishchefs.com. Find more healthy recipes here, browse our Pinterest boards for inspiration, or join us on Tuesday evenings for our Culinary Medicine virtual cooking classes.