1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
¾ cup 2% milk
4 eggs, separated
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Spray Canola Oil
For the Berry Syrup
1 cup raspberries (can use frozen)
1 cup blueberries (can use frozen)
1 cup strawberries (can use frozen)
1. Whisk together the ricotta, cottage cheese, milk and egg yolks in a medium bowl (mixture should be lumpy).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the ricotta mixture and stir until combined.
3. Whisk egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
4. Heat pan on medium heat, and spray with oil. Drop 2 tablespoons batter per hotcake. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until there are bubbles forming and edges are dried. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. for the berry syrup, mix all berries in a blender
6. Serve hotcakes with berry syrup on top.
Nutrition per serving: