This one-pan chicken and veggie bake is sure to become a weeknight staple! This simple recipe will taste like it took hours to make in a fraction of the time and is easy to clean up with just a single pan!
1 ¼ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders or thighs (if large, cut in half)
3 small heads of broccoli, chopped into pieces (about 4-5 cups)
3-4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into skinny sticks**
2 cups button mushrooms, halved if large
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup avocado or olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 t fresh rosemary (1/2 tsp. dried) – optional
½ t sea salt
¼ t pepper
2 T fresh basil, finely chopped – optional
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
3. Place chicken in zip-lock bag or glass container with about 1/2 of the balsamic sauce. Toss to coat chicken. Place in fridge (may marinate for a longer period of time if you wish).
4. Chop veggies. **for more tender carrots, cut into skinny sticks.
5. Place veggies, EXCEPT tomatoes, on the sheet pan. Pour remaining balsamic sauce over veggies and toss veggies to coat. Make sure all pieces are coated.
6. Remove chicken from zip-lock bag or container, move veggies around to make spaces for the chicken. Place chicken on pan.
7. Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove from oven and add tomatoes and toss veggies. Place back into the oven.
8. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (165F on a thermometer).
9. Top with chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition per serving
Recipe adapted from The Real Food Dietitians
Interested in learning to cook recipes like this? Our Culinary Medicine Program holds regular cooking classes. Find out more information and sign up for our cooking classes HERE.