½ cup hot water
½ oz. dried porcini mushrooms
1 (3lb) spaghetti squash – halved lengthwise and seedless
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups sweet onion, chopped
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup carrot, diced
1 tsp. dried oregano
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 (8 oz.) white button mushrooms, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. unsalted tomato paste
1 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp. kosher salt
8 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1 (15 oz.) can unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Method of Preparation
1. Combine ½ cup hot water and porcini mushrooms in a bowl; let stand 20 minutes.
2. Drain mushrooms in a colander over a bowl; reserve soaking liquid. Finely chop porcini mushrooms.
3. Place 1 squash half in an 8-inch square glass baking dish and add water to a depth of 1 inch.
4. Cover and microwave at HIGH 8 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
5. Remove squash half; cool. Repeat procedure with remaining squash half.
6. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion and next 7 ingredients (through button mushrooms); cook 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Stir in tomato paste; cook 2 minutes.
8. Stir in reserved porcini mushrooms, reserved soaking liquid, soy sauce, and next 4 ingredients (through tomatoes); reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
9. Scrape inside of squash halves with a fork to remove spaghetti-like strands.
10. Divide squash among 4 plates; top evenly with mushroom mixture and cheese.
Total Fat: 13g
Total Carbohydrate: 44g
Adapted from: www.cookinglight.com