Moroccan Vegetable Tagine Ingredients
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 large russet potato, peeled and cubed into 1 cm pieces
1 small sweet potato, cubed into 1 cm pieces
5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 tsp. ginger, grated
¾ tsp. salt
1 tsp. Harissa Paste, or to taste
½ tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground turmeric
14.5 oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth
15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
Handful fresh parsley leaves or cilantro leaves, chopped
Couscous (to serve)
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and add the onion. Cook until softened, then add the carrot, potatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, salt, harissa paste, and spices. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mix is aromatic.
2. Add the broth and tomatoes and simmer, with the lid on, for 20 minutes, until veggies are soft.
3. Add chickpeas and cook another 5 minutes.
4. Add the fresh parsley or cilantro.
5. Serve hot over cooked couscous.
Nutrition per Serving
Our Moroccan Vegetable Tagine is curated by our culinary medicine team and adapted from The Mediterranean Dish. Find more healthy recipes here, browse our Pinterest boards for inspiration, or join us on Tuesday evenings for our Culinary Medicine virtual cooking classes.