Ingredients (serves 3):
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. ginger, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk (or more to taste)
- ½ lb turkey leftovers, shredded
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 2 oz baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 piece naan bread, optional
Method of Preparation:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and continue to cook for another minute until fragrant. Add the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato paste, chicken stock and low-fat coconut milk. Stir to combine, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the turkey and green beans, lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens further and greens beans are heated through.
- Add the baby spinach to the pan, cover with a lid and simmer for 2 minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Serve over rice or with naan bread.
Adapted from: https://skinnyspatula.com/leftover-turkey-curry/
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research. Join our cooking demonstrations every other Tuesday night!