Enjoy this vibrant salad featuring sweet apples, roasted beets, and fresh kale.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
For the Dressing
3 T unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 t Dijon mustard
1 t raw honey
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 t sea salt
1/8 t black pepper
2 T grapeseed or canola oil
2 T olive oil
For the Salad
4 cups kale cut into strips
1 t olive oil
½ lemon, juiced
1/8 t salt
1/2 pounds roasted beets, chopped
1 apple diced
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
2 scallions, chopped
2-4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
1. Rinse quinoa and place in a saucepan with 2 cups water.
2. Bring quinoa to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Whisk together dressing ingredients and add to cooked quinoa; let quinoa cool to room temperature.
4. Combine kale, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and massage until soft.
5. When ready to serve, add beets, apple, walnuts, scallions, and quinoa to the kale, and toss together.
6. Crumble goat cheese on top.
Nutrition per serving
Recipe adapted from Jeanette’s Healthy Living.
Interested in learning to cook recipes like this? Our Culinary Medicine Program holds regular cooking classes. Find out more information and sign up for our cooking classes HERE.