Sprouts are a nutritious vegetable that offers many benefits for overall health. Have you tried growing your own? It’s easy to do!
Sprouts (bean, grain, vegetable, or nut)
1. Measure out about 1/3 cup of sprouts (bean, grain, vegetable, or nut) and rinse them under running water.
2. Place rinsed sprouts in a glass jar and fill jar 2/3rd of the way with fresh water.
3. Let sprouts soak for 10-24hrs until they split.
4. Take sprouts out of jar, rinse them again, and lay evenly on sprout tray.
5. Fill the bottom container with about half an inch of water. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the sprout tray as this will cause sprouts to smell/mold. Cover with lid.
No sprout tray? If you do not have a seed sprouting tray, use a colander and a bowl that will fit underneath. It should work similarly!
6. Cover the lid with a cloth to avoid light and help sprouts sprout.
7. Change the water 1-2 times per day.
8. When sprouts reach an inch in height, take the lid off and mist 2-3 times per day until they reach the desired height.
9. Use your sprouts in salads, smoothies, sandwiches — the possibilities are endless!