Healthy Recipe: Winter Bliss Bowls
Try these healthy Winter Bliss Bowls from our Culinary Medicine team! They are perfect for cold wintry days!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 5-7 carrots
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Bliss Bowls:
- 8-10 pieces of Lentil Falafel (see our Lentil Falafel recipe here)
- 2-3 cups of spinach
- 1-2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 1 jalapeno, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- Optional: tahini, lemon juice, honey, and/or olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the carrots and cut into thin strips and place on a roasting pan (a jelly pan works well because then the veggies don’t slide off).
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets and place on a separate roasting pan.
- Drizzle each plan with oil and sprinkle each pan with cumin, salt and pepper. Toss around on the pan to combine.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes – stir occasionally, but not too often otherwise you’ll disrupt the browning process. To get more browning, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- When the veggies are done, remove from the oven an set aside to cool.
- Assemble spinach, red cabbage, falafel, carrots and roasted cauliflower in the bowls.
- Top with jalapeno and pistachios. Drizzle with tahini, lemon juice, honey, olive oil and salt and pepper as needed.
Nutrition per serving (serving is 1/4 recipe):
Adapted from: Pinch of Yum