Enjoy this healthy, vegan alternative to green chile stew featuring roasted green chiles, butternut squash, and quinoa!
2 T olive oil
1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
2 T minced garlic
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
3 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and oven-roasted
1 cup roasted green chiles, peeled and seeded
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t ground cumin
1/4 t black pepper
1/2 t salt
1. In a large Dutch oven or heavy stockpot, heat the oil over medium-high temperature. When the top of the oil is shimmering, add the onions to the pan and sauté until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and butternut squash stir together until squash is slightly browned.
3. Add the broth and canned tomatoes and scrape up any bits that may have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
4. Add the green chile and seasonings and stir to combine.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce temperature to allow the stew to simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add in quinoa right before serving and enjoy!
4 Servings (about 1 cup)
Nutrition per serving
Interested in learning more healthy recipes like this? Join our Culinary Medicine cooking classes every Tuesday in our demo kitchen!