This recipe features fresh, seasonal vegetables paired with grilled shrimp for a light and delicious summer meal.
3 medium ears sweet corn, husked
1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
3 T olive oil
1/2 t salt, divided
1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
1/8 t pepper
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
1 lb. uncooked shrimp (31-40 per lb.), peeled and deveined
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook corn until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse basil, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until blended.
2. Cut corn from cob and place in a bowl.
3. Stir in tomatoes, pepper and remaining salt.
4. Add avocado and 2 tablespoons basil mixture; toss gently to combine.
5. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with remaining basil mixture. Grill, covered, over medium heat until shrimp turn pink, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skewers; serve with corn mixture.
Nutrition per serving
Interested in more recipes featuring healthy, seasonal ingredients? Join one of our Tuesday evening Culinary Medicine Classes!