Summer is in full swing and that means more meals and time outdoors! Bring this delicious, healthy side dish to your next back yard bbq.
3 ½ lbs. fingerling potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3/4′-1′ pieces
3 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced or quartered
1 Tbsp. kosher salt (for boiling water)
6 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
3 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only), halved lengthwise, cut crosswise into 1/4′ slices
1 T (or more) white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
1 T Dijon mustard
1 t parsley, chopped fine
¾ t salt
¼ t black pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 3″. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender about 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet and let cool slightly.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and pour into a bowl. Let cool slightly.
4. Wisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and 1 tablespoon water into a bowl with leeks.
5. Add potatoes and parsley, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cover and chill.
7. Return to room temperature before serving. Can be made a day ahead.
6 Servings (as a side dish)
Nutrition per serving