This week, the Culinary Medicine team presents a recipe for Farro Salad with Feta, Cucumbers, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes!
- Farro Salad with Feta, Cucumbers, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup uncooked pearled farro
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh grated feta
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cucumber, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped mint or parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cook farro in salted water according to package directions until al dente, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and toss well. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research.
Looking for more recipes online? Visit the recipe section of our blog for all the latest!Register for Culinary Medicine Classes