This week, the Culinary Medicine team is here to share a recipe for a Creamy Rotisserie Chicken Salad.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1⁄2 rotisserie chicken, shredded and finely chopped, approximately 2 cups*
- 2 Tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped (If unavailable, substitute 3⁄4 cup shredded broccoli, diced raw zucchini, or really any veggie you have)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade (or fresh dill)
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Sliced grape tomatoes
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced hardboiled egg
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Serve on fresh bread or in a crisp lettuce wrap.
*If rotisserie chicken is unavailable, substitute two 7oz. cans of chicken breast, drained or one 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and mashed).
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research.
Looking for more recipes online? Visit the recipe section of our blog for all the latest!Register for Culinary Medicine Classes