For the Cauliflower Mash Topping
1 head cauliflower, riced or cut into small florets
1/4 t salt
Pinch garlic powder
2 t olive oil
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
For the Beef Mixture
24 oz. ground beef (96% lean)
1 large carrot, diced (1/4 inch pieces)
½ med. onion, diced ¼ tsp. salt
Olive oil spray
1 leek, white part only, sliced thin
2 T garlic, minced
½ t dried thyme
1 t tomato paste
4 oz. brown mushrooms, sliced
½ t salt
¼ t pepper
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
2 T Worcestershire Sauce
Mash Potato Topping
1. Steam the cauliflower until very soft. Drain and add to a food processor.
2. Add chicken broth, salt, garlic powder, and olive oil, and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Spray or coat a hot pan with olive oil
3. Working in small batches, brown the beef in the pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add carrots, leeks, garlic, thyme, and tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Add salt, pepper, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce, and stir to combine. Allow this to simmer while preparing the topping.
Bake the pie
1. Place beef mixture in a casserole dish then top it with cauliflower mash.
2. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition per serving: