The Culinary Medicine team has a recipe for Cinnamon Pumpkin Overnight Oats that’s perfect for crisp fall mornings!
Cinnamon Pumpkin Overnight Oats Ingredients (Serves 1)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 Tbsp. 2% milk
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt, traditional or Greek
- ½ cup pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1 tsp. maple syrup, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. raw pumpkin seeds or chopped walnuts, optional
- Add oats to a mason jar or other container. Pour in milk. Layer with yogurt.
- In small bowl stir together pumpkin, maple syrup and cinnamon; layer over yogurt. Top with mixture with pumpkin seeds or walnuts if using and cover.
- Let steep for at least 8 hours in a refrigerator 41° F or colder. Best to eat within 24 hours.
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research.
Looking for more recipes online? Visit the recipe section of our blog for all the latest!Register for Culinary Medicine Classes