Ingredients (serves four):
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. chipotle pepper powder (or less depending on your spice preference)
- 1 lb. salmon- skin removed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat or fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime for zest and juice
- 8 corn tortillas
- Additional toppings (optional): thinly sliced red cabbage, chopped red onions, fresh cilantro
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle powder in a small bowl to create seasoning mix.
- Season both sides of salmon with seasoning mix.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or cast-iron pan over medium-low heat. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add salmon when the skillet is hot and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side (until cooked through).
- To make the cilantro lime crema, use a food processor to blend Greek yogurt, cilantro leaves, lime juice and zest, and a dash of salt until smooth. Set aside.
- In another skillet, heat the corn tortillas until warm. (Approximately 1 minute on each side on high heat).
- Top each tortilla with the cooked salmon, desired fixings, the cilantro lime crema, and enjoy!
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research. Join our cooking demonstrations every other Tuesday night!