For the chicken:
1lb. boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
¼ cup Greek yogurt
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
½ tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. ground turmeric
½ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
Black pepper to taste
For the salad:
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
black pepper to taste
For the Tzatziki (makes two cups):
8 oz Greek yogurt
1 small cucumber, peeled and seeded (1 cup grated and squeezed dry)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
kosher salt and fresh pepper
For the bowls:
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup Tzatziki
1 cup (145g) cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ red onion (thinly sliced)
2 cucumbers (thinly sliced)
Method of Preparation
To make the chicken:
1. Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces.
2. Combine the yogurt, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, turmeric, salt, and red pepper flakes In a large bowl.
3. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes (up to 8 hours).
4. Preheat grill pan or skillet to medium-low heat.
5. Add the chicken pieces to the heated pan. Discarding the marinade in the bowl.
6. Cook the chicken (turning occasionally) until golden brown and cooked through in the center, approximately 15 minutes.
To make the Tzatziki:
1. Combine grated cucumber, garlic, yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill, chives in a bowl. For best results, refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
2. Can use remaining sauce as a dressing or marinade in other meals. Keep in refrigerator for up to one week.
To make the salad:
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, and black pepper until combined.
2. Add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion and toss to coat.
To make the bowls:
1. Divide the quinoa among 4 bowls, approximately 1/2 cup each.
2. Top with the cucumber salad, followed by a spoonful of tzatziki.
3. Top with chicken evenly divided into 4 bowls and serve immediately.
Total Fat: 13g
Total Carbohydrate: 33g