This week, the Culinary Medicine team presents a recipe perfect for Taco Tuesdays – Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa!
Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeno, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 375°-400°F.
- In a small bowl, add cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and olive oil. Gently mix with a spoon.
- Pat the chicken dry, rub spice blend onto the chicken.
- Place chicken on the grill and grill until it reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once chicken is done, remove from the grill and let rest.
- To a small bowl add mangos, red onion, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and salt to taste. Gently toss to mix all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a blender, add 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, fresh oregano, garlic clove, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon cumin, red wine vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Pulse until the herbs are finely chopped. Add in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, pulse until everything is combined.
- Assemble your tacos: add one corn tortilla, 1-2 oz. of chicken, top with mango salsa, purple cabbage, 2 slices of avocado, and chimichurri sauce. Repeat and enjoy!
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research.
Looking for more recipes online? Visit the recipe section of our blog for all the latest!Register for Culinary Medicine Classes