Chicken and Spinach Burger Ingredients
1 ½ cups fresh spinach
1 ½ lb. ground chicken
¼ cup dried breadcrumbs
¼ cup low-fat milk
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
6 green onions, chopped
1 T tomato paste
1 T drained capers
Hummus to serve (optional)
Hamburger buns or lettuce as a wrap
Method of Preparation
1. Finely chop the spinach. Place chicken, breadcrumbs, green onions tomato paste, egg, milk, garlic, capers, and spinach into a bowl and mix together.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Shape into burgers or meatballs.
3. Preheat grill and use olive oil pan spray. Once hot, grill burgers for 4-5 minutes per side.
4. Alternatively, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place meatballs 1” apart and bake at 380 F for 10 minutes until cooked through (break one apart; if it is no longer pink, then it is cooked).
5. Serve with hummus in slider buns or wrapped in lettuce.
Nutrition per serving
Interested in learning to cook recipes like this? Our Culinary Medicine Program holds regular cooking classes. Find out more information and sign up for our cooking classes HERE.