Make this blueberry chia overnight oats as a make-ahead nutritious breakfast or a tasty afternoon snack.
2/3 cup whole natural almonds, divided
1 1/2 cups nonfat or 1% milk
1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt (non-Greek-style)
1/3 cup all-fruit blueberry jam
1 t pure vanilla extract
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 T chia seeds
2 cups blueberries, divided
4 12 oz. jar
Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats Preparation
1. Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then chop them coarsely.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the milk, yogurt, jam, and vanilla. Stir in the oats, chia seeds, and half of the almonds.
3. Stir in 1 cup of the blueberries.
4. Divide the mixture evenly among four 12-ounce (1 1/2 cup) jars. Top each with the remaining blueberries and almonds.
5. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
NOTE: the nuts on top will soften a bit in the refrigerator. If you want them extra-crunchy, sprinkle them on right before serving.
Nutrition per serving
This recipe is curated by our culinary medicine team! Find more healthy recipes through our Pinterest boards!