Sweet, delicious, and nutritious? Heck Yes! This blueberry baked oatmeal will have your whole family saying “this is sooooooo good!”
Blueberry Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
½ cup roughly chopped pecans
2 cups old-fashioned oats
2 tsp. Frontier Co-op ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. Frontier Co-op ground nutmeg
1 ¾ cups milk of choice
⅓ cup honey
2 large eggs or flax eggs
1 ½ Tbsp. melted unsalted butter or coconut oil, divided
2 tsp. vanilla extract
12 oz. or 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries (or 2 1/2 cups of your preferred berry/fruit, chopped into ½” pieces if necessary), divided
2 tsp. raw sugar (optional)
Optional toppings for serving: plain/vanilla yogurt and/or additional fresh fruit
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish. Once the oven has finished preheating, pour the nuts onto a rimmed baking sheet. Toast for 4 to 5 minutes, until fragrant.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the oats, toasted nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
3. In a smaller mixing bowl, combine milk, maple syrup or honey, egg, half of the butter or coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk until blended. (If coconut oil was used and it solidified, microwave bowl in 30 second increments.)
4. Reserve about ½ cup of the berries for topping the baked oatmeal, then arrange the remaining berries evenly over the bottom of the baking dish. Cover the fruit with the dry oat mixture, then drizzle the wet ingredients over the oats. Wiggle the baking dish to make sure the milk moves down through the oats, then gently pat down any oats resting on top.
5. Scatter the remaining berries across the top. Sprinkle some raw sugar on top if you’d like some extra sweetness and crunch.
6. Bake for 42 to 45 minutes until the top is nice and golden. Remove your baked oatmeal from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Drizzle the remaining melted butter on top for serving.
Nutrition per serving
Adapted from: www.cookieandkate.com. Curated by the Culinary Medicine Team.
Find more healthy recipes through our Pinterest boards!