This week, the Culinary Medicine team presents a recipe for Grilled Beef Mushroom Burgers!
Grilled Beef Mushroom Burger Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. minced roasted garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves
- 4 heirloom tomato slices
- 4 red onion slices
- Preheat grill or a grill pan to medium-high (about 450°F). Place mushrooms in a food processor, and process until minced, about 1 minute.
- Combine mushrooms, ground sirloin, oil, pepper, and 3/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; gently shape into 4 (4-inch) patties, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir together cucumber, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place burgers on grill grate, and grill, uncovered, to desired degree of doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate; top each with a burger patty, tomato slice, red onion slice, and 1 heaping tablespoon yogurt mixture.
Culinary Medicine Series
Culinary medicine blends the art of food and cooking with the science of medicine. Discover how eating high-quality meals can help prevent and treat disease while restoring well-being. From our home to yours! Join registered dietitians virtually each week as our team guide you through recipe hacks, how to use pantry staples, and the latest nutrition research.
Looking for more recipes online? Visit the recipe section of our blog for all the latest!Register for Culinary Medicine Classes