Roasted pears combined with balsamic vinegar and honey, then top it off with ricotta and a drizzle of honey. This creates a sophisticated and delicious dish that you’ll love!
2 T unsalted butter
3 ripe yet firm Bosc pears, halved and cored
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
6 oz. ricotta cheese (part-skim)
1 T honey, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Put butter into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and place in oven (it’s fine to do this during the preheating) to melt, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove baking dish from oven, and tilt the dish to coat the bottom in butter.
4. Place pears, cut side down, in the dish.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Using tongs, turn over pears, drizzle vinegar over the cut side of the pears.
7. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, until very tender.
8. Serve pears by placing individual pear halves each on a plate, with a spoonful of ricotta cheese and a drizzle of honey (optional) and the juices from the pan.
Nutrition per serving:
Modified from an original recipe created by Michael Pollan.
Interested in learning how to create healthy recipes like this one? Join us each week for our Culinary Medicine classes where we explore topics related to your health and the food you eat. See our schedule of classes and find out more HERE.