Cooldown the summer heat with this avocado bisque created by one of our registered dietitians, Lisa Wingrove. BONUS: Top off the bisque with your choice of toppings (see below for options).
Planning to make this bisque in a few days? Learn how to confidently buy, prep, and store avocados for no more mushy avocados.
Avocado Bisque Ingredients
2 small Hass avocados, flesh removed from skin
2 Iranian cucumbers or ½ English cucumber, chopped
1 lime, juiced
½ tsp salt
Pepper to taste
½ cup plain yogurt
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder
½ cup broth, chicken or vegetable
Options: diced tomatoes, diced cucumber, crab, shrimp, mint or cilantro, chile flakes
1. Place avocado and cucumber in food processor and whizz until smooth.
2. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, yogurt, cumin, onion powder, and garlic powder to the food processor and whizz again.
3. Slowly add the broth while processing until you achieve desired consistency. A looser bisque is drinkable, while a thicker bisque requires a spoon.
4. Assemble options in bowls – a combination of these works well. Spoon the bisque over these and enjoy!
5. Serve with parmesan wafers or low sodium corn chips.
Don’t forget to join us on Tuesday evenings for our virtual cooking classes!